Thursday 31 March 2016

The Tickled Trout

On Easter Monday I wanted to head to Dobbies to get inspiration for my garden at my new house (don't think I've mentioned it in my previous posts 😉). We opted to go to the one in Milngavie because this meant we could visit the splendid Tickled Trout pub for lunch. Part of the Vintage Inns franchise, it has a rustic charm and is set in beautiful surroundings of typical Scottish countryside. The building itself has a quaint feeling that continues inside with a beautiful log fire and tartan carpets.


The staff were friendly and attentive.  Only slight grumble was that I asked for a large glass of Sauvignon Blanc and was only given a small. Thankfully they only charged me for a small one and I can only presume they couldn't believe anyone would be ordering a large one with their lunch. Casa Legano  (I think) from Chile which was absolutely delicious. Maybe it was because it was a small glass but it disappeared quickly and with ease.  Priced at around £4.50, I was happy with that.


It wasn't just a liquid lunch though. For my food, I ordered scampi with chips. Not a dish I would order frequently, but for some reason as soon as I saw it on the menu it was what I wanted. The food came relatively quickly especially considering it was a bank holiday and it was busy. The scampi was delicious and beautifully complimented by the wine I'd chosen (a happy coincidence rather than a conscious choice on my part). I could have eaten them a good three time over. The chips I was pretty underwhelmed with if I'm being brutally honest but not so bad that it let the meal down. The salad accompaniment I can not comment on as I'm allergic to anything healthy (honest).


I can't remember how much the meal came to altogether as the other half paid but I do remember thinking it was very reasonable. We had a lovely meal, the staff were very friendly and it has a lovely ambience. If you're looking to get out of Glasgow City Centre but don't want to go too far you should definitely consider this lovely venue.

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/content/vintage-inn/en/restaurants/scotland-northern-ireland/thetickledtroutbearsden

No comments:

Post a Comment