Wednesday 16 March 2016

Pink Parcel March 2016

This was my first ever Pink Parcel box and after seeing some good YouTube reviews (check out www.youtube.com/raaaach92 and https://youtu.be/nFFyqbfcg9w by Anxiety Mum for a few of my favourites) I decided to sign up. I deliberated about it for a while but hey every girl needs tampons/towels so why not get a wee treat whilst stocking up.

First thoughts: nice discreet packaging. Especially as I'm having to get it delivered to my parents house whilst I wait to get into my new house (3 weeks tomorrow now). It's quite strong branding and definitely appeals to my taste.

I don't know if it was because it is my first box but I got it in a cute little canvas bag saying "Classic Period Drama"....it's as if it was made just for me! Period Dramas are some of my favourite things to watch and read. But also I'm like a demon on speed when I have my time of the month (I'm sure my boyfriend would testify to that too).
Inside you have a little pouch marked "For Now" which is essentially to keep your monthly goods in your handbag. Again nicely discreet and able to easily hold 5 panty liners and 4 tampons.
You also receive 2 boxes "For Later". Mine contained 10 tampons in each. Should definitely be enough to see me through. Extremely happy with that.
Each month you also get a "For Down There" box containing a feminine hygiene product. These are products from SASS which (given it can be purchased through the pink parcel website) I think may be an in-house brand. I received their refreshing wipes. I've used similar products before and although it isn't something I'd usually go out my way to purchase I was really happy with this as well. Something I'll definitely get use from.

The last box you receive is named "For You" and really it's the reason we all subscribe. First product that practically came flying out out me because the box was so full (good sign) was a "Montague Jeunesse Cucumber Peel-off Face Mask". Now firstly I am not a fan of cucumber  (taste or smell) and I'm not massively fond of peel off masks, but I am more than happy to try this product out when the time comes (if you get my drift). These sell for a pound a pop, so not one of the more expensive products I've seen in previous boxes.

Next out was a "Simple Candle Co Wax Melt" in "Caramel". Before I'd even opened my box I could smell this product and it does smell delicious. Might be slightly overpowering if used in a small room, but I am a huge fan of candles, oil burners and incense so really looking forward to giving this one a go. These come in at £2 each and after a bit of a snoop on their instagram I've discovered they do a subscription box, so thinking I might give that one a try out I'm settled in the house. But yeah, really happy with that.
There was also a travel size of "Native Unearthed Natural Deodorant". It looks pretty cool and is free from everything even the strictest of hipsters would hate, so it must be good. Haven't tried it out yet but definitely will. Although maybe when I've got a bit of time off work and don't need to worry so much about whether or not it's working. Really strong branding again and I must say another product I'm happy about. Full size product would be £5.39 so call this a couple of quids worth.

Still more in the box..."Papayagold Paw Paw Moisturising Balm". I suffer with quite dry lips doing the winter months so had I got this a few months back it would have been a godsend. Round about my period I can get quite dry skin so it may still be useful. A good sized product with Manuka Honey which is well known for its healing properties. Normally costing you £5.99, so I definitely can say at this point I've made my money back.
The next product would have been perfect if only I hadn't bought one the previous week. "Mylee Crystal Nail File" which would normally set you back £4.89. Sadly, as I have just bought one, chances are I'm gonna give this one away.
The last of the beauty products was a "Hello Gorgeous Makeup Bag". If you read my other posts you'll know I also subscribe to My Little Box. I get a make up bag with that every month, which I always love to pieces. Fear not, I shall have a use for this. I am going to put some tampons in this one for my boyfriends daughter. My logic is that this will be a much more pleasant way of keeping them handy when she needs them most without the embarrassment of accidentally pulling them out along with her pencil class in school. This product is normally  £3.99, so again happy with that.
Now one of the main reasons I loved this subscription box concept is for the next two items which are two of my great loves. Each month you get a different tea and sweet treat to try. I love sweet things and cups of tea sometimes more than is rational. Both this month sound delicious. The tea this month is from Pink Parcel themselves (they really seem to be branching out). "Ginger & Pineapple Green Tea"....now what is there not to love in that sentence?! Ginger: yummy
and good for nausea which I suffer from a lot (never mind when I have my period). Pineapple: also yummy and just the right fruity flavour to compliment the ginger. Green tea: I love love love tea! I am so excited to try this bad boy out but I  am holding off for when I need it. Can't wait to let you know what I make of it.
Last but not least, this month's sweet treat. "Sweet Virtues Baobab & Vanilla Balance Chocolate Truffles" claim to be a healthy chocolate. I don't trust healthy chocolate. I judge healthy chocolate. If it's healthy, it won't taste good, right? I'm hoping I'm proved wrong because let's face it, healthy chocolate would be the best thing to ever happen to mankind. The packaging is absolutely beautiful and I so so want to like this product.
All in all, I was delighted. It's a great concept, executed to a high standard,  great customer service from some correspondence I've had with them, really active on social media and all round great box. Definitely be keeping this one. Please let me know what you made of this month's box in the wee comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment