Sunday 20 March 2016

My Little Box March Products

Having now tried out the My Little Box products for this month, I have to say I'm upgrading from OK box to great box. Well done to everyone in the My Little Box team. This was a total winner. 

First product I got round to testing was the Blending Sponge from their own brand. I was very impressed and it did a great good of applying my foundation. Really happy with this item and it had its own little feature spread in the My Little World magazine with suggestions for other ways to use it.


I already knew I would be but I was absolutely delighted with the Givenchy Noir Couture Volume mascara. I'm still a bit unsure of the wand shape but it was lovely to get such a high quality brand in our boxes. On top of that it is a beautifully packaged mascara with a textured geometric feel. Pictures don't do it justice.



Next up was the Bubble Blush for lips and cheeks from My Little Beauty. It turns out my initial observations were in fact completely the wrong way round. I thought this would be a lovely product for my lips.
I wasn't overjoyed with it as a lip colour. It was a little too light for my liking and after about 10 minutes my lips felt really dry.

However, with reluctance, I tried it on my cheeks. Texture was nice, colour was subtle and yeah, I was very pleased with it as a blusher. It's now about an hour after doing my lip up and my cheeks still feel fine and the colour is still good. I just wish they'd told us how much it would cost!


  I have now tried the Essie nail varnish. Belugaria nail lacquer (288) is a black nail colour textured with glitter and (I think) some sort of gritty sand like material. Help me out if you know what it is. It has a matte finish and is very thick in texture. Dries super quick. I had no idea it was so textured when I started applying it so it wasn't looking the best after my first coat and I wasn't that keen. After adding the second coat I think it looks pretty cool. Definitely a statement nail polish that's more suited to a night out than everyday usage. 



I still need to try out the hair brush too. It's too hard to say goodbye to my old faithful paddle brush but it really is on its last legs so it will need done soon.

Let me know what you thought of the products this month. Were you as happy as me? And I'm upgrading my approval of the box from an alright to awesome! Well done, MLB! 

No comments:

Post a Comment