Sunday 6 March 2016

Mother's Day at La Vita

It's the day that daughters and sons all pay homage to the women who gave birth to us, Mothering Sunday. I opted that instead of buying my mum some perfume or something she didn't want, I'd give her something she really wanted. Time with yours truly! Now she maybe didn't really want this too much but I fancied a lunch out.


After meeting my mum and dad we had a wee wander down to George Square in Glasgow City Centre and into La Vita. This restaurant is a family favourite but I thought the food might be below par due to the occasion or the service rushed. I was pleasantly surprised. We all enjoyed a lovely meal. The food was so good I forgot to take pictures so I do apologise. For a starter I had the Mac and Cheese balls which were just the right amount of cheesy. This was followed by the Tagliatelle Calabrese. This was delicious and if I was wondered about them scrimping on portion sizes, I couldn't have been further from the truth. It was huge. In fact, I had to ask them to put the rest in a takeaway box that is still stuffed full. We each had a different ice cream sundae, each one as good as the last. Overall for a 3 course meal for 3, plus 3 soft drinks, 1 large glass of wine (for me, obvs) and a coffee I was happy with the bill being just under £80.


If you are looking for good Italian food right slap bang in Glasgow City Centre withs great service and huuuuuge portions, look no further than La Vita. Trust me you won't be disappointed AND you get the added benefit of a 'Drumstick' lolly with your bill....what's not to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment