Monday 9 May 2016

My Little Box May 2016

It feels like only a few days since I reviewed the products in last month's box (because it was) http://hansunahnah.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/my-little-box-april-products.html?m=1

But here I am posting my initial reaction to My Little Box for May named Dolce Vita. MLB had done major hints for this month's box. I'm not a big fan of the hints, I would have loved to have opened it and had the massive surprise of a box themed around Rome. Anyhooooo, I love Rome. It's one of my favourite cities in Europe which probably comes from my parents' love of the city (they got engaged here), so I was ridiculously excited for it to arrive.


As always Kanako has done a beautiful job of the illustration of the box. It just screams Roma to me. Upon opening we were treated with the card again. Hurrah! I missed not having one last month. Now I think my mum would love it but it's going to go great with my other ones in my dressing room so I'm going to keep it (sorry Mama)


First lifestyle item is a brightly coloured hair turban with a very bohemian artist in Rome type feel. Beautifully presented (as most My Little Box items are) in a box saying 'Rome is on my mind'. It isn't the sort of thing I would use as a fashion accessory but it will definitely come in useful to keep my hair out the way when cleansing or applying make up. Not an item I'm bowled away with but useful none the less.



I'm quite a big ring fan. I'll forget earrings and necklaces most the time but for most outfits I'll have at least one ring on. With this in mind I loved the ring. Gold colour leaf detail that comes in an adorable box saying 'Ciao Bella'. This was a great product for me. In fact it's probably my favourite in this month's box. 


Onto the beauty products and I'll get My Little Beauty's offering out the way first a gradual self-tanning lotion for your legs. Now I'm always wary of products like this. I'm what they call peely-wally in Scotland which basically means I'm so pale I look practically translucent! But in all seriousness most self tanning products are a no go for me so I'm kinda dreading trying this one out. It will more than likely go to someone else.


Next up so a perfume from Courrèges called 'La Fille De L'Air. This isn't a brand I have heard of before. It is a good handbag size and is the sort of thing I like to keep in work. It's a delicate scent which works well for me for Spring so happy to try this out. For a 50ml bottle they would charge you €69. So yeah it's a decent inclusion.


Lastly from a brand introduced to me and that I fell in love with thanks to My Little Box, Baïja have given us their Croisière Céladon Body Oil. Now if this product is even a quarter as nice as the body lotion supplied in October's box (http://hansunahnah.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/my-little-box-october-products.html?m=1) I will be in love. As always with this brand the packaging is gorgeous and immediately you want to test it out. As an added goodie MLB subscribes are getting 20% off between May and June 10th.....only one problem...no discount code so I've no idea how to claim #heartbroken!


I'll be honest I have two issues with this box. Not many of the items said Rome to me. Like the last box, so much could have been done with this theme and I was left disappointed. I felt some Italian products wouldn't have gone amiss. I do appreciate that MLB is a French company, but if you are going to offer a Rome box, I would want you to deliver.

My second issue is that I no longer feel it's value for money. Yes they normally charge £11 for the hair turban and £12 for the ring, but I think I wouldn't pay that if I saw them in a shop. I'm just left incredibly underwhelmed and it is with much regret to say this is my last MLB for a while. If people could offer an alternative I would like to replace it with another subscription box. Please let me know in the comments. Sorry My Little Box but you let yourselves down with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment