Tuesday 9 February 2016

My Little Box January 2016

Sadly my box has yet to arrive as it was lost in the post. My Little Box have been in touch so I hope it should arrive soon....
Apologies for the delay in posting a blog as a result!
21/02 - UPDATE
My Little Box for January still hasn't here. However, Rachael in their team has been in touch to apologise for the delay and has kindly offered to refund that month's fee. I shall update as soon as my box arrives!
29/02 - UPDATE
My Little Wish Box had arrived finally! I had been told it was a goodie and due to it's late arrival I already knew what some of the items where, as I'm sure most of my readers will know by now too. None of the less....let's get opening.
The box is by a country mile one of Kanako's best pieces for My Little Box. I absolutely adore it and it fits the theme of the box beautifully (who doesn't remember wishing with each puff). The side of the box has a charming list of all the good things the My Little Box team hope for you for the new year (not so new by the time I got my box).

Upon opening was a beautiful card with the Walt Disney quote "All our dreams can come true, if you have the courage to peruse them". On a lovely duckegg blue background, that is pretty much the exact shade I'm hoping to do my new living room (move in date for new house is 31st of March - super excited), I can't wait to get this framed and up in the house!



I already knew there was a diary in this month's box. I was secretly hoping it wasn't a date diary as I have now lost a couple of month's out of it. However, with the lovely blue colour and rose gold writing on the cover, accompanied with quirky notes and illustrations on the inside, I was so happy with the product that I didn't care that I've got it a couple of months later. I love love love this diary and I think come 2017 if they have one, I shall be ordering one again. Great product, very happy with it.



Following on from the diary, was these 'Petits Riens' (Little Nothings if my french is correct). I loved the concept of these. 4 little bracelets featuring phrases like 'Wish you were here' and 'Say yes to new adventures'. The idea is to cut out each little postcard and give one to a friend. The downside for me is that they are essentially just ribbons. There is no tie on the back to attached the bracelet onto your wrist, so I'm sad to say it's unlikely I will be passing these on. On the plus side at the bottom was a lovely mint green and gold bracelet saying 'Just for You'. This one had a Chinese knot at the back and although it is a bit small and delicate compared to what I would usually wear, I will definitely get some use from this one.



Onto the bag of goodies: 3 products (2 winners and 1 jury still out). The first one was hard to miss: Garnier's 'Miracle Wake Up Cream'. A full size product, this 50 ml tub would retail at £12.99 so I'm delighted at my value for money. Here's my issue....more face cream! Given that I received February's box first which also had face cream (which I wasn't a massive fan of) http://hansunahnah.blogspot.com/2016/02/my-little-box-february-products.html but seriously more cream! I don't know when I'll actually get the chance to try out this product given that I only opened February's face cream today and I don't want to waste products. For me this will be the deciding factor on whether or not I continue my subscription after March. If the box has a face cream, I'm done.



Negative comments aside the next two products were great. The above pictures 'Rosa Centifola 3-in-1 cleansing water' from Ren. In December's My Little World they had given us a sneak peek that this was coming in this month's box. The scent is heavenly but not overpowering and I'm really looking forward to given this a bash tonight.

Last but not least, this month's My Little Beauty item: 'Make a Wish Lip Balm'. I love lip balm. Living in Scotland the harsh weather often takes it toll on my poor little lips. I haven't tried this product out of I can't say how effective it is but it is beautifully packaged and smells great. Perfect handbag size this will also be getting tested pronto.



This really was a lovely box with a great theme. The My Little World magazine in glossy form and featuring a new format for 2016 is a winner for me! Great value for money this month with the diary at £10, bracelets £6, lip balm £7, Garnier face cream £12.99 and the sample size of the cleansing water being worth about £3.25 (£13 for full 200ml), that comes to a grand total of over £39. My only plea to My Little Box for March is no more face cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment