Tuesday 29 December 2015

My Little Box December Products

To anyone who read my blog about December's My Little Box it will come as no surprise that I was a big fan. I have now tried and tested the products and I'm pleased to say that I am still just as happy.
I'll start with the Vice-Versa nail duo from the in house range 'My Little Beauty'. In this month's edition of the magazine they had a lovely little tutorial aimed at using the duo to make your lunula sparkle...yes I had no idea what it was either. Who knew beauty boxes could be so educational?! Essentially it's the white half moon bit on your nail bed.

I tend to use boxes of clear nails and then paint them. For New Year's Eve (known as Hogmanay here in Scotland) I did the opposite of the magazines suggestion, painting most of my nails in the midnight blue and leaving the tips of my nails in a golden shimmer. One of my closest friends at a NYE party commented on how much she loved my nails.
The next product I tested was the Kusmi tea. I am a huge tea fan so out came my latest infuser and on went the kettle. The black tea with gorgeously subtle fruity flavour. My boyfriend had a little sip too and said how much he enjoyed it. The size of the sample sent won't last too long at the rate I go through tea and this is definitely a product I would purchase again.

Next up was the Rituals 'Magic Touch' body cream. I have a habit of using body creams, falling in love immediately and after a couple of uses discover it's just not quite right for me (a bit like some of my past relationships). So this time before writing about how much I liked this product I asked my boyfriend to test it. His words of wisdom were: "it smells luscious, it leaves my hands feeling silky smooth, it's easily absorbed AND I can pick my beer bottle up without feeling like it's going to slip out my hands". So there you have it Rituals 'Magic Touch': approved by boyfriends!
UPDATE - 29/02
Having just used this product again, I have to say that really like it. The scent is lovely without being overpowering, it applies easily without taking a lifetime to dry and to top that off my skin feels amazing. Very happy with this product!

Last on my list to test was the NARS blush. However, as my blusher still has a bit of life left in it for just now. I've opted to wait to open it. As soon as it's opened I'll post a wee update.

No comments:

Post a Comment