Thursday 31 March 2016

March 2016 empties and fails

I've decided that I might start letting you lot know what products I've been using and how I'm rating them. I am starting this pretty close to the end of the month so there will be products I'll have missed but if it proves popular I'll try keep it up.

The first product I finished up was Avon's Supershock mascara. This has been a great mascara for me. I used to get eyelash extensions which I blogged about towards the end of 2015 (check it out here http://hansunahnah.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/eyelash-extensions.html), so I obviously didn't need to bother with mascara. Now that I'm closer to the move in date for my house, I've had to cut back on things like my eyelash extensions. It nearly broke my heart but this little beaut from Avon has seen me through.
Would I purchase it again? Yes, I already have and would be using it had My Little Box not given me a sample size of Givenchy mascara. But as soon as that is done, I shall be switching back to this new favourite.

Also finished up is Soap and Glory's 'Love at first blush'. I originally bought it on an emergency dash around Boots one day when I had forgotten my make up bag. It really was love at first try. I was quite sad to see the end of it. It does give you a nice wee shimmer through it and people have complimented me on it before. It is shimmery though so if that isn't your preferred look I wouldn't bother.
Would I purchase it again? Yes, most probably. However I have got other products from My Little Box that I'm waiting to try: one being a NARS blusher and the other being a cheek tint from their own brand, My Little Beauty. So I want to give them both a try before opting to buy another Love At First Blush.

I've fully used another Avon product this month which is their new Dry Shampoo. I was reluctant to try it because I've always had good results from Batisse  Dry Shampoo but I thought I'd give it a go. Whilst I wouldn't say the absorption is as good as Batisse, it does the job without leaving white residue on your hair and it smells amazing. I was pleasantly surprised if I'm honest.
Would I purchase it again? Yes. Definitely. In fact I already have another 2. Big fan of this!

The next one I have to say is a bit of a fail for me. It was a sample size of Noxidoxi 'Mask and Peel'. I've tried it as both a face mask and an exfoliant. Wasn't impressed with either way. The mask literally left my face burning hot and looked like a sunburnt lobster (not a good look). I used it yesterday as a face scrub and whilst it didn't have such a negative effect on my skin as using it as a mask, I was severely underwhelmed. 
  Would I purchase it again? Given that I haven't even finished the sample size, I think it's safe to say I will 100% never buy this product. Ever! 

This next product is one I've been using at my parents' house when I stay. Nivea's Pure & Natural Regenerating Night Cream. I really love this product and if you look at the picture below you'll see I've scrapped the jar dry. It's nice and thick and moisturising which is perfect for night. It really makes a difference for my tired skin. But yeah, really great product.

Would I purchase it again? Absotootly! I have already got some Olay Night Cream I want to try out but if that's a non starter, I'll probably buy the Nivea again! 


It's another Avon product: bubble bath. Their White Lily variety. I love baths. Actually as I say this I'm running my second bath of the day! As you can imagine, my love of baths means I go through bubble bath very quickly. This is inexpensive, bubbles up a lot and this one smells fab.
Would I purchase it again? I have a stock of bubble bath already as I do through it so quickly
 I'm trying out the whole range from Avon to find my favourite scent so I may very well buy this one again.

That's it for this month. Next one should have a whole lot more as I'm going to be ruthless in ditching things I haven't been using rather than taking them to the new house. 8 days and counting so not long! I hope you've enjoyed reading and let me know if there's any products you'd recommend! Speak to you soon! :) xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment